The Board of Zoning & Building Appeals is charged with the following duties:
(1) To hear and decide appeals made for exceptions to and variations in the application of ordinances governing zoning in the City of Fairview Park, and in the application of ordinances, or orders or regulations of administrative officials or agencies.
(2) To approve or disapprove materials, types of construction, appliances, devices or appurtenances proposed for use pursuant to the Building Code of the City of Fairview Park.
(3) To hear and decide appeals concerning any order, requirement, decision, or determination of the Building Commissioner or other City official, relating to the location, design, materials, construction, alteration, repair, equipment, use or occupancy, maintenance, removal or demolition of any building or structure or accessory building or structure regulated by the Building Code of the City of Fairview Park.
(4) To formulate and submit to City Council, changes in and amendments to the Building Code which the Board determines as desirable for the proper regulation of buildings and structures, equipment, and accessory structures in the City of Fairview Park.(Article VII, Section 1(b) of the Charter of the City of Fairview Park)
- Bob Williams, Member – Term expires December 31, 2019
- Nathan Studeny, Member – Term expires December 31, 2018
- Diane Herman, Member – Term expires December 31, 2020
- Jim Shea, Vice-Chairman – Term expires December 31, 2017
- Mary Ann Vanschoor, Chairman – Term expires December 31, 2021
- John Castele, Assistant Law Director and Legal Counsel
- Mary Cay Scullin, Clerk of Commissions and Secretary
Regular meetings of the Board of Zoning & Building Appeals are held the second Monday of each month at 7 p.m. at City Hall. There is no meeting during the month of August. The Chairman may cancel any meeting due to lack of business.
Applicants seeking approval from the Board should complete a copy of this application. Applications and accompanying materials must be submitted by the applicable filing deadline (see below). A maximum of seven cases will be heard per meeting.
All questions should be directed to Secretary Mary Cay Scullin at 440-356-4407.
2016 BOARD OF ZONING & BUILDING APPEALS MEETING SCHEDULE:
|Date||Filing Deadline - NOON||Agenda|
|January 9, 2017||December 19, 2016||AGENDA|
|February 13, 2017||January 23, 2017|
|March 13, 2017||February 20, 2017||AGENDA|
|April 10, 2017||March 20, 2017|
|May 8, 2017||April 17, 2017|
|June 12, 2017||May 22, 2017|
|July 10, 2017||June 19, 2017|
|No August Meeting|
|September 11, 2017||August 21, 2017|
|October 9, 2017||September 18, 2017|
|November 13, 2017||October 23, 2017|
|December 11, 2017||November 20, 2017|