The Planning & Design Commission is responsible for the long-term planning of the City of Fairview Park and ensuring its orderly and harmonious development. The primary duty of the Commission is to review development proposals related to the plan, design, location, removal, relocation, and alteration of buildings and structures, public places, and streets in the City for the purpose of maintaining high caliber community development and protecting the real estate within the City from the impairment or destruction of value.
The Commission considers the following standards and criteria in its review of proposals: materials; colors and textures; architectural details and ornaments; mechanical equipment; approaches, drives, and parking areas; landscaping; lighting; signs; and other such standards and criteria provided for by ordinance.
At least every five years, the Commission is to review the subdivision regulations and zoning ordinances, texts, maps, and recommend to the Mayor and City Council any revisions and amendments it judges to be desirable.(Article VII, Section 2(b) of the Charter of the City of Fairview Park)
- Gregory Burger, Chairman – Term expires December 31, 2018
- Carson Kimmich, Landscape Architect, Member – Term expires December 31, 2019
- Nick Muhvic, Architect – Term expires December 31, 2020
- Jennifer Kramer, Member – Term expires December 31, 2020
- Daniel Jicha, Member – Term expires December 31, 2020
- Mayor Eileen Ann Patton, Member
- Councilman Bill Minek, Member – City Council Appointment
- Brian Zergott, Landscape Architect, Alternate Member
- John Castele, Assistant Law Director and Legal Counsel
- Walter Maynard, Building Commissioner
- Mary Cay Scullin, Clerk of Commissions
Regular meetings of the Planning & Design Commission are held the third Wednesday of each month at 7 p.m. at City Hall. There is no meeting during the month of August. Visitors who wish to speak may not exceed five (5) minutes. The Chairman may cancel any meeting due to lack of business.
Applicants seeking approval from the Board should complete a copy of this application. Applications and accompanying materials must be submitted by the applicable filing deadline above. A maximum of seven cases will be heard per meeting.
All questions should be directed to Secretary Mary Cay Scullin at 440-356-4407.
2017 PLANNING & DESIGN COMMISSION MEETING SCHEDULE:
|Date||Filing Deadline - NOON||Agenda|
|January 18, 2017||December 28, 2016|
|February 15, 2017||January 25, 2017||AGENDA|
|March 15, 2017||February 22, 2017||AGENDA|
|April 19, 2017||March 29, 2017|
|May 17, 2017||April 26, 2017|
|June 21, 2017||May 31, 2017|
|July 19, 2017||June 28, 2017|
|No August Meeting|
|September 20, 2017||August 30, 2017||<|
|October 18, 2017||September 27, 2017|
|November 15, 2017||October 25, 2017|
|December 20, 2017||November 29, 2017|