Museum Welcome Signage

Museum Welcome Signage

The Fairview Park Museum and Archives was established in 1992 by the Fairview Park Historical Society, a community organization that serves as stewards of the history of Fairview Park. The Museum includes artifacts, photographs, scrapbooks, and archival collections that tell the story of Rockport Township, the Villages of Fairview and Parkview, and the City of Fairview Park. Holdings include records of many Fairview Park organizations, the Fairview Park City Schools, the churches of Fairview Park, Fairview Park (Rockport) Cemetery, businesses, and individuals who have made Fairview Park their home.

The Museum and Archives are housed inside Bain Park Cabin, a historic building in Fairview Park located at 21077 North Park Drive. The Cabin was recognized as a local historical landmark in 1985 and listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2013.

Inside the Museum

Inside the Museum

Bain Park Cabin is historically significant for its association with local, regional, and national work relief efforts spanning the Great Depression era. In 1935, a cabin in Fairview Comunity Park (renamed Bain Park in 1957) was one of the first projects approved in Cuyahoga County under the new Works Progress Administration (WPA) program. The Cabin was completed in 1937, but lost to fire the same year. The current cabin was constructed as a replacement by the WPA in 1939.

The Museum is open throughout the year and by appointment for individuals and groups. Visit the Fairview Park Historical Society website for more information.