Hours of Operation:
Monday – Friday, 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM
The Fairview Park Senior Center is one of the hidden gems of our city. Located directly behind City Hall, the 10,000 square foot building has been the home of the Senior Life Department since 2000. The Senior Center, under the direction of Regina Sillasen and her dedicated and caring staff, is open weekdays to assist seniors 55 and older. Our staff includes a social worker available to assist Fairview Park residents with questions and concerns.
The Senior Center offers something for everyone:
- A large dining room where lunch is served on Thursdays and Fridays
- A computer lab equipped with 10 internet-accessible computers and a printer
- A billiards room with two pool tables and all accessories
- A charming gift shop selling affordable treasures
- An audio/visual room equipped with large screen TV and Wii
- An activity/craft room for exercise and art classes
Various programs and events to cover a wide range of interests, including:
- Free computer training offered by our dedicated volunteer instructors, as well as several computer-oriented groups (Northeast Ohio PC, Computer Fundamentals, digital photography class, e-Bay class, to name a few)
- A fantastic choir always looking for new members
- Monthly Medicare counseling by the Ohio Senior Health Insurance Information Program
- Free legal consultation monthly with Harold Hom
- Free tax preparation by AARP during tax season
- Quarterly dances with live entertainment
- Blood glucose and blood pressures offered by FGH wellness nurses
- Exercise classes including SilverSneakers Classic and Yoga, and Exercise with Dee
- Card playing including bridge every Wednesday
- Lively sing-a-longs around the piano every Friday
- Book discussion group lead by Fairview Park Public Library staff members
- Art classes (Mixed Media Art)
- Discussion Groups
- Educational presentations
- Movie of the week
- Knitting Circle
- Lunch and Learns
- Treasure Shoppe (rummage sale)
- And of course, BINGO!
We also have two wheelchair accessible vans which enable us to offer transportation to appointments and shopping for Fairview Park’s senior residents.
We are extremely proud of our Senior Center and are happy to show it off! If you are 55 or older and have never been to the Center, please stop in for a tour and a copy of our Senior Scope newsletter highlighting upcoming events and programs. All are welcome!