The City of Fairview Park contracts with Republic Services to provide rubbish, recycling, and yard waste collection services for all residential households in Fairview Park. Each household was provided one blue rubbish container and one green recycling container at no charge as part of the program. If you are missing a container, please contact Republic Services at 800-433-1309.
Collection day for all Fairview Park homes is Monday. Residents may place their carts curbside beginning at 5:00 p.m. on Sunday night. Empty receptacles must be returned to storage no later than 6:00 p.m. on Monday, and cannot be stored in a front yard or side yard visible from the street.
The following list of recyclable and non-recyclable materials was compiled by Republic Services. This list changes periodically as Republic continues to invest in its materials recovery facility, located in Lorain County.
The following materials can be recycled in the green container:
- Newspapers: The entire newspaper including inserts.
- Aluminum, steel, and bimetal: Food and beverage cans only.
- Glass: Food and beverage containers only.
- Plastic: Food and beverage containers marked with a #1 through #7 on them.
- Plastic: Detergent and soap containers marked with a #1 through #7 on them.
- Cartons / Aseptic containers: Milk, juice, et cetera.
- Miscellaneous paper: Magazines, phone books, junk mail, cardboard.
The following materials are non-recyclable and should be placed in the blue container:
- Containers with excessive foods or liquids still in the container.
- Containers that contained hazardous materials such as oil or anti-freeze.
- Shredded paper.
- Styrofoam, aluminum foil, pie tins, etc.
- Light bulbs, Christmas lights, window glass, ceramics, china, etc.
- Plastic wrap, plastic bags, toys, flowerpots, garden hoses, etc.
- Clothing, blankets, household linens, furniture, etc.
- Plastics not marked #1 through #7.
- Scrap metal, batteries, chains, car parts, pots and pans, knifes, etc.
- Needles, syringes, medical waste, or sharps.
Bulk Day is the third Monday of each month. On this day only, overflow waste items that do not fit in your blue rubbish container may be placed on your tree lawn. Bulk waste includes items such as home furnishings, mattresses and box springs, carpet, appliances, and other oversized items.
Bulk pick up days for 2016 are as follows:
- January 16, 2017
- February 20, 2017
- March 20, 2017
- April 17, 2017
- May 15, 2017
- June 19, 2017
- July 17, 2017
- August 21, 2017
- September 18, 2017
- October 16, 2017
- November 20, 2017
- December 18, 2017